It’s times like these I have a really, really low tolerance for any selective activism. Seriously, don’t think that just because a group is being oppressed, it suddenly can’t afford choice. Your solidarity, if not wholehearted, consistent and principled, is not welcome. Don’t underestimate the cause to be so desperate.
And I would like to remind people that posting about your commitment to obliterating anti-blackness while claiming “you’d never marry a black person, because it’s just a preference” or writing about how Shiaa Muslim are Muslims too while refusing to associate or pray next to a Shiaa Muslim or writing about the necessity of feminism in Islam while telling a girl you won’t marry her because she won’t wear hijab are two sides of the same messed up coin. Your hypocrisy bleeds.
- Reminiscing about past memories with friends over bubble tea and Chinese baked goodies.
- Listening to my mom tell the same stories over and over about her time living at her Dad’s house before and after marriage, and that nostalgia that overcomes her.
- Listening to music from way back when, that transports you to a different time, a different place, a different you.
- Laying in my bed on top my blankets, only in my boxers, basking in the sun and on the phone with my childhood friend - talking about everything and anything.
- The way a baby rests his/her head on your shoulder when you have them in your arms and they’re tired.
- Walking down a hill on a windy summer night, the warm gale brushing your hair and caressing your skin.
- Wondering where life will take you next.
One of the things I want to do when I’m in Jannah is be the Avatar, pretty much.
I don’t like the idea of homogeneity in anything.
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R, Super Famicom.
I always played as Jupiter or Mars. I ain’t even gonna lie loved this game. :3
Marriage isn’t something I’m supposed plan, while my academics/financial life/religious improvement are.
Please differentiate what can pop up in your life and what you need to work your ass off for.
Young The Giant - Cough Syrup [unplugged]